Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
It's Men's Health Month. What are you doing to take control of your health?
- Men's Health Quiz
- Take Control of Your Health
- Men's Health Issues
- Prostate Cancer Prevention/Detection
- 10 Tips for Men's Health
- Medical Self Care
Gear up for biking!
If it's been a while since you climbed upon your bike, consider these questions
- Using your old bike? Check it over now...tires, brakes, chain, handlebars, seat height
- Getting a new ride? Choose the right bike. Do the research, visit the shops
- Need to fit a new helmet? While you investigate that, check into safety lights and reflective tape
- Commuting? Brush up on traffic rules and routes
- Doing your own repairs? Carry your kit and know the Bike Fix It Stations locations
- Out of shape? Start out slow; know your limits. 11 Best Stretches Before Biking
- More Biking & Walking Resources...
Healthy "Table Talk" - Listen
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Happy swimming! Your summer swims will be great fun if you keep these things in mind...
- Steps to Healthy Swimming
- Triple A's of Healthy Swimming
- Staying Healthy at the Pool and Beach
- Summer Water Safety Guide
- Pool User Information
- Swimming Smarts
- Keeping Kids Safe
- Avoid Swimmer's Ear
- Watch out for Recreational Water Illnesses
- FREE Boating Safety Classes
- Wearing Your Life Jacket
- Poster: Make A Healthy Splash
- Poster: What's In Your Cannonball?
- Poster: Wanted: Dirty Diapers
- Poster: Wash Your Hands!