Spring is finally here - hello sunshine! Take time to catch some rays (not too much!), breathe in the warm air, take a walk, and spend quality time in nature (even if it is your yard). Clearing out the winter cobwebs can destress and create energy.
- Chair Yoga, Ketchum, 5/9
Chair yoga provides the same benefits as traditional yoga, but is a great alternative when balance or physical limitations are an issue. Learn techniques to stretch and strengthen your spine and release overall tension. Location/Time: St. Luke's Wood River Medical Center, Baldy Rooms, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Read more...
- Stressed by Caregiving? Powerful Tools for Caregivers, Boise, May to June
If you are taking care of a loved one or friend, who is taking care of you? Register for this award-winning program and gain powerful tools for caregivers from resources to problem solving skills. Sponsored by Friends in Action. Read more...
- Mixed Level Yoga, Hailey/Ketchum April and May
This nine-week series offers a variety of yoga styles including traditional, gentle low back, restorative, and chair yoga. Beginners and intermediate students are welcome; drop in also welcome. Location/Time: Hailey and Ketchum on Tuesdays and Thursdays; 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wisdom Yoga and Yoga for Every Body, McCall and Donnelly
Yoga can enhance energy levels, increase flexibility, improve balance, reduce stress, and facilitate wellness. Register for a class that works with your schedule and location. Read more...
- Mindfulness for Everyday Health, Hailey, 6/5
Mindfulness is the specific practice of creating heightened awareness of the present moment and quieting down our inner dialogues. Learn some mindfulness exercises to help you learn how to attend more closely to your body and mind. Location/Time: St. Luke's Hailey Clinic, Carbonate Rooms; 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
- Laughter is the 'Best Medicine' for Your Heart
- Stress Relief from Laughter?
- Take the survey and find out how well your sense of humor protects you from heart disease
- Stress Learning Center Network of Care
- Desktop Stress Videos from LiLi.org Consumer Health Complete
What to Do When Your Job is Stressing You Out (video)
Staying Healthy Through Stress Reduction (video)
Job Stress: How to Keep Your Cool (video)
- Reducing Stress - Strategies you can use!
- The Low Stress Diet
- Four Things You Can Do to Alleviate Stress
- Daily Meditation
- The Stress Management Health Center
- Use the Stress Calculator!
- What is Your Stress Level? Take the quiz
- Stress on the Brain
- Stress...At Work
- Managing Stress Tutorial
- Prevent and Manage Stress
- Fact Sheet on Stress
- How to Cope Better with Life's Challenges
- Different Kinds of Stress
- Stress Management American Heart
- Simplify Your Life
- Stress Resources
- Alternative Therapy and Coping Resources
- girlshealth.gov Handling stress
- BAM Stress Quiz for kids
- Find a Mental Health Treatment Program near you
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 New
PowerPoints, Guides, & Handouts
Reducing Stress and the Low Stress Diet PowerPoint presentations (see above) are ready-made packages you can deliver in a classroom setting or meeting environment. If you decide to lead a noon hour class on either subject, check out the additional resources below:
- Low Stress Diet , speaker guide and employee handouts.
- Reduce Your Stress, speaker guide and/or employee handouts.