- Calories Blue Cross of Idaho ...how many do you need?
- Activity Calculator: Choose from hundreds of activities.
- Body Mass Index BMI, CDC
- Aim for a Healthy WeightBMI, NHLB
- Calories in Foods
- Test Your Sat Fat IQ
- Smash your food
- SuperTracker: Calories & Nutrition
- Water Intake
- Weight, Blood Pressure, & Waist
- Exercise & Activity Levels
- Body Measurements
- Blood & Cholesterol Levels
- Weight and Waist Measurement: Tools for Adults
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- What's CAM all about?
- Key Points
- Be an informed consumer!
- Dietary and Herbal Supplements
- Herbs at a Glance
- Post your comments - how do you use CAM
Nutrition got you stumped? Check out these resources...
- Season Your Foods Without Salt Tips for Using Herbs New
- Fruits & Veggies More Matters
- ChooseMyPlate.gov replaces MyPyramid
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010
- Where's the Sodium? CDC
- Salt Shockers Slide Show: High Sodium Surprises
- Food & Nutrition Labels
- Spend Smart, Eat Smart
- HungryGirl.com - Free e-newsletter
- BAM Food and Nutrition, CDC
- Analyze My Plate: drop and drag food items for analysis
- The Portion Size Plate
- Healthy Diabetes Plate
- DASH Diet Eating Plan
- Lowering Your Blood Pressure with the DASH Eating Plan
- Deliciously Healthy Dinners
- Rethink Your Drink
- Cutting Calories
- U.S. Obesity Trends
- Healthy Holiday Eating
Nutrition Tracking Tools
- SuperTracker: My foods. My fitness. My Health.
- Calculate your daily nutrient recommendations for dietary planning (based on the Dietary Reference Intakes or DRI's)
- TheDailyPlate.com - Free
- My-Calorie-Counter.com - Free
- Fitness and Exercise Calorie Counter - Free
- MyFitnessPal.com - Free
- MyFoodDiary.com - not free
- Interactive Menu Planner, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Other Nutrition Resources...
- Drying Fruits & Vegetables
- Freezing Fruits & Vegetables
- Building a Healthy Pantry (ppt)
- The Essential Kitchen Toolkit
- Quick Picks On the Go
- How's your Food Safety?
- Get in the Driver's Seat: PowerPoint presentation, Are you an Emotional Eater?, Label Quick Reference, What is a Serving? Use the Snack Tracker
Check the Menu!
Read the nutritional info on your favorite menu items before you arrive at the restaurant. Be aware of serving sizes
- Noodles & Company New
- T.G.I. Fridays
- IHOP Restaurant
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- P.F. Chang's
- Red Lobster
- Ruby Tuesday
- Burger King
- Pizza Hut
- Little Caesars Pizza
- Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza
- Blimpie America's Sub Shop
- Cheesecake Factory SkinnyLicious Menu
- Jimmy Johns
- Carl's Jr.
Blue Extras - Fitness Club Discounts!
Check out Blue Extras - discount programs for Blue Cross Members including fitness clubs, hearing, vision and orthodontia services, and safety and natural medicine. You’ll find information on the Blue Cross website.
Weight Management Incentive Program
Need motivation to lose weight? How about earning money while you lose weight? Check out Group Insurance and Blue Cross of Idaho’s Weight Management Incentive Program.
Network of Care Idaho
Check out this new resource sponsored through Idaho's Public Health Districts. The site is for individuals, families, and agencies concerned with public health. It is rich with information and resources including a library, links to organizations, and a personal health record you can complete and store securely. Read more...
Consumer Online Health Resources
Looking for a health topic for a wellness meeting or a health resource? Check out the online Health Information, Consumer Health Complete through the Idaho Commission for Libraries at LiLi.org. It's free and offers everything from fact sheets to videos to images and diagrams.
Additional online health and wellness resources are available on the Blue Cross of Idaho website
- My Family Health Portrait A tool from the Surgeon General
- Take the Great American Health Check. In just 5 quick minutes you will get a personalized Health Action Plan to share with your doctor.