Medical Self Care - It's all about YOU!
- Find a doctor before you need one
- Free Health History Tools!
- Preventive Screening Guidelines
- Prepare for Your Medical Appointment
- Order a FREE Healthwise Handbook
Brrrrrr! Be Winter Ready
- Winter Weather Habits
- Avoid Frostbite!
- Prepare Your Car
- Heat Your Home Safely
- Baby, It's Cold Out There!
Cut back on Holiday Stress...
- Be realistic about what you can accomplish
- Simplify your plans
- Make a budget...and stick to it
- Be active whenever you can
- Take a minute - sit, close your eyes, breathe
- Ask for help when you need it
- Forgive and forget
- Use the Stress Center resources
Ready for a New Year?
December is a great time to reflect on what could be... Here are some points to ponder while you plan
- What do you want more of in your life regarding your health?
- What do you want less of in your life regarding your health?
- What is one behavior you could practice to get you headed in a healthier direction?
- Can you write that behavior as a SMART Goal? Here's a Goal Card to get you started
- What support do you have in place to help you succeed?
- How will you celebrate your success?
Be jolly this holiday season - it's good for your health. Laughter is a mini workout wrapped in a laugh. Laughter...
- makes your heart happy through increased blood flow
- boosts your immune response
- makes you stretch and breathe
- causes a relaxed feeling
- improves sleep
- triggers the release of endorphins
- relieves stress
- improves mood
- shifts your perspective
- defuses conflict
- makes the holidays a lot more fun!!
So, if the holiday hub-bub starts to get to you, take a moment to laugh - long and hard. It's one of the healthiest things you can do!