Health Matters was chosen by WELCOA as one of the Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals in the U.S.!
Register now for these worksite Clinics & Classes!
- Register: Cholesterol/Cardiac Risk, Boise 9/17
- Register: Flu Shots, Boise, 9/23
- Register: Flu Shots, Boise, 10/6
- State Employee Worksite Diabetes Prevention Program, Capitol Mall, Boise, 9/15
The Summer Countdown!
Summer will soon give way to fall. Enjoy the rest of the season!
- Star gaze. August is the best month for meteor showers, especially 8/12-8/13
- Take a day off, unplug, and enjoy the outdoors - even if it is your own back yard
- Take a "day trip" and discover something new
- Visit one of Idaho's State Parks that you have never seen
- Check out the Stress Center and build a little resilience into your life
- More on Health Tools
Food Preservation & Food Safety
Summer harvest is upon us with more good things coming in the fall. Check out these resources
- Harvest Food Preservation Classes, Boise, Register now!
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning, 2009 Go to Resources to download chapters for free!
- Home Food Preservation
- The Essential Kitchen Toolkit
- WELCOA Bulletin
- The Basics of Handling Food Safely
- BBQ & Food Safety
- Food Safety While Camping, Hiking, & Boating
Healthy "Table Talk" - Nonverbal Communication
Get some quiet time with the kids - at the table, in the car, or on the go. Start some Table Talk. It's a great way to create connections. The topic and guidelines change monthly.
Ice Cream! Yes, ice cream, in moderation, does have some legitimate ties to wellness. Here's why...
- it's fun to eat!
- ice cream makes you smile and hits right on your pleasure center
- it's a great way to socialize and bring people together
- ice cream may cool you down on a hot day
- you get calcium and phosphorus for strong bones
- you get potassium to help lower blood pressure
- and you may even get some energizing B-vitamins!
- the bottom line - have fun but eat ice cream in moderation,
- test your ice cream IQ - do you know these ice cream factoids?